You will find that security camera installation for home is essential for peace of mind and to deter crimes from occurring. According to a recent survey by the FBI, home invasions and crimes have reduced significantly since 2019 as more and more homeowners began installing security cameras. From 2020 property crimes have decreased nearly by 85%, and reporting of burglaries and trespassing have also increased due to the availability of better video evidence. This results from installing home security cameras in residential areas and individual residences. Some of the significant benefits of home security cameras are as follows.
Table of Contents
Is it good to have security cameras at home?
If you are thinking about improving the overall security of your home, then there is no alternative to installing a security camera. Say, for instance, several reports of home invasions in your locality, and you are concerned about your security. One of the best ways to provide additional protection to your family would be to install a security camera that offers remote monitoring. This will give you peace of mind even when you are not at home. You can discover what happens in and outside your home, even when working or on vacation. Thus, the first reason for installing a security camera in your Home would be for peace of mind. Some of the other important reasons for installing a security camera are as follows:
- Major crime deterrent: An outdoor security camera is a significant crime deterrent. For instance, you install a security camera on the front door, portico, and other suitable places in the garden and the backyard. If all the cameras are connected to your mobile device or any such system that allows you to get a three-sixty-degree view of your property, you can easily find out if anyone trespasses. However, the very fact that you have installed multiple cameras on your property will act as a deterrent for crimes. As these cameras tend to record anyone entering your property, trespassers and burglars will avoid your property. As a result, simply by installing outdoor cameras, you can deter property crimes.
- Makes it easier to gather evidence: One of the significant reasons behind installing outdoor home security cameras is that it makes it easier to gather evidence in case of any crimes such as trespassing, burglary, or home invasion. Security cameras outside your home should be installed by experts and placed strategically. You will find that these are positioned in locations that are not easily detectable by criminals. Hence, it becomes easier to record any criminal activity. In case of any crime on your property, you will now have hard evidence from the security camera recording. This makes it easier for you to report a crime and for the police to arrest the perpetrator. Initially, this might seem a long shot, especially if you have purchased a home in a place that has a low crime rate, but in the long run, you will find that it is an excellent installation. In many cases, security camera installation for the home has helped the police in their investigation and made it easier to find the criminals and prevent such burglaries from occurring in the future.
- Monitoring activities in more significant properties: In the case of large properties, you need outdoor cameras to monitor even the farthest ends of your property. Say, for instance, you have an expansive backyard, and at one of the ends, you have a swimming pool. Here you must set up cameras to monitor the property and the swimming pool. This is essential to ensure that there is no misuse of the swimming pool, and when you hold a party, it will also help to prevent any accident. Similarly, if you have other such installations on your property, the cameras can pick up any unusual activities and send you alerts. This is essential to take prompt action and protect the property and the installation.
- Cost-effective solution to ensure your family’s safety: Many homeowners feel that home security cameras are the best way to ensure the safety and security of their families. It is cost-effective because you do not have to worry about maintenance, and the result is better than most of the other security measures. You can monitor your home 24X7 with a security camera making this one of the most cost-effective of all solutions. According to experts associated with a security camera company near Little Rock, AR homeowners with children and older individuals in their family prefer to install cameras for peace of mind. Consider a scenario where you and your spouse travel extensively for work, and you must leave your children and elderly parents in the care of the attendants. To ensure that there are no untoward incidents and that your home remains protected from any criminal activity, it is best to have security cameras installed.
Thus, once installed, security cameras are the best solution for most families. You do not have to worry about the upkeep of the security system. All of this is done by the company you have hired to install the camera. Moreover, the company does the set-up of the cameras and selects suitable places to set up the cameras. In other words, when you hire a security camera company near Russellville, AR, you can be assured that you will get a comprehensive service from the firm. Hence, having security cameras in your home is good; you should always hire experts to install them.
Can security cameras help in insurance deductions?
As a homeowner, when you invest, you will want to know if there are any benefits that you can get out of it. One of the reasons why you should consider installing a security camera in your home is to reduce your home insurance. The first thing you need to understand is that an insurance company will always prefer a policyholder who poses a minimum threat. If there are minimum chances of the insurance company having to pay an insurance claim, such a policyholder is always preferred by the insurance company.
Keeping this in mind, you need to prove to the company that you are eligible for a discount. Here putting up home security cameras will make you suitable for the deals. This means you are taking the necessary precautions to protect your property, deter crime, and reduce the chances of vandalism. A home insurer will be convinced when he sees a well-integrated security system that has 24X7 monitoring.
A home insurer will also check whether the security system is connected to a quick response system. This means your security system must have monitoring that connects with the first responders. This is essential in case of vandalism and home invasion. Consider a scenario where you have left your home for a vacation, and suddenly, there is a home invasion. Here you need a proper security system with home cameras and surveillance to record the act. The first responders will also arrive at the scene promptly to minimize the damage.
When you approach a home-insurance company with a security system that offers complete home surveillance and has cameras throughout the property, it is bound to work in your favor. You will find that a surveillance system installed by a security camera company near Benton, AR, will be preferred by a home-insurance company as this offers a better chance of deterring a crime. This security system is well-integrated with a centralized surveillance system so that you can get an insurance reduction.
Finally, in the case of vandalism or a home invasion, you will find that security cameras can play a crucial role in getting your insurance claim. When you file for an insurance claim, you must provide adequate evidence to prove you are eligible for the compensation. Moreover, you must prove that there was no negligence; hence, you are eligible for compensation.
Here you can provide video evidence gathered from the security cameras. This can prove to be conclusive evidence that you had taken the necessary precautions to deter the crime. This will make it easier for you to claim and get compensation from the home insurance company. Installing security cameras in your home is a good idea.
What are the other benefits of installing security cameras in your home?
Other than being a crime deterrent and helping you get a discount on your insurance premium, there are several other benefits of installing a security camera inside and outside your home. According to experts from a security camera company near Hot Springs, AR, many homeowners often install security cameras inside their homes.
These are small non-invasive cameras that you can fit into the ceiling of a room and get a complete purview of the room. Such a camera can be quite helpful in preventing accidents such as fires and electrical short circuits. These cameras can also work as a nanny cam if you have left your children in the care of an attendant while you work. Thus, not just outside your home, you can even think of installing security cameras inside your house. Some of the significant benefits of installing security cameras are as follows:
- Maintaining records: When you install security cameras, you can keep records of people who come and go. This is important to understand if any unwanted individuals come onto your property. For instance, you have salespersons visiting your property and want to avoid it. For this, you need relevant evidence and records to show that the same person continues to visit your property and you find it uncomfortable. Thus, maintaining appropriate records is essential before you go to the authorities with your complaint, and for that, you will need a video record from your surveillance cameras.
- Arriving at the correct decisions: In case of property disputes, sometimes video recordings from cameras can help settle such disputes. For instance, if you have adjoining properties and have a dispute with your neighbor regarding trespassing. Here it would help if you had relevant evidence that individuals from your neighbor’s property trespassed on your property. However, you need relevant video evidence to prove your complaint before deciding. If you install surveillance cameras, you can gather the necessary evidence, make the correct decisions, and take the required steps.
- Helps with the prosecution: If you are already involved in a home invasion case where the perpetrator has been caught with the help of your camera records, you will find that this can help with the prosecution. If you were absent from your home the day the incident occurred, then the video recording is the most crucial evidence to turn the case in favor of the prosecution. As a homeowner, this is essential as it will help you get the necessary justice and closure. Additionally, only if the prosecution wins the case will you be eligible for monetary compensation. Thus, in the long run, the video evidence from your home security camera can help the prosecution settle the case in your favor.
Installing security outside your home can be one of the best decisions you make for your family’s safety and security. Other than proving to be a significant crime deterrent, it can help you get justice in case of a crime. With the help of a proper security system, you will find that it becomes easier to build a case, gather evidence, and ensure that you arrive at the correct decisions about your property. After all, there is no more significant evidence than video evidence. You will find that even the police will prefer it if you have a suitable security and surveillance system in your home.
If you plan to install a home security camera, hiring experts to provide a well-integrated security system is best. Call us at Kyle Jennings Company for a free estimate on security camera installation for your home near Little Rock, AR. We will provide you with the best answers and assure you that our services will meet your expectations.
If you have any queries about installing home security cameras, contact us for a free consultation.