Security is the main concern to safeguard your property. Security cameras and surveillance cameras are the best means for monitoring and recording activity in a specific area. If you want to protect your property, nothing can be the best option than installing a foolproof security system at your office or home. It is now crucial for protecting your property by using a security system so no intruder can easily break into your office or house.
However, there are some key differences between security cameras and surveillance cameras. The main difference is that security cameras are primarily used to prevent crime, while surveillance cameras are used to gather information and evidence.
In this guide we’ll discuss the difference between security cameras and surveillance cameras in detail.
Let’s dig in.
Table of Contents
What Is the Most Common System Used For Video Surveillance?
Security cameras and surveillance cameras, both are the most common systems used for video surveillance in both commercial and residential properties.
Security cameras are largely used by office buildings, retail stores, massive parking lots, and different other areas. The purpose of installing these cameras is to monitor business operations and customer traffic. It is the easiest way to monitor every activity either usual or unusual happening throughout the day and night. So you can protect your property, neighbor, and family from any unpleasant incident such as theft or robbery. Moreover, you can timely call for help from concerned authorities for noticing any disturbing or dangerous activity around your property.
However, surveillance cameras are informed by A.I. which is strategically installed across public spaces so the security staff or law enforcement team can monitor and detect any suspicious activity to prevent criminal activities in those spaces. Since surveillance cameras are installed at places that are usually hidden from the public eye no one can easily spot them and thereby cannot avoid hiding from its coverage. Thus easily caught in video recordings and monitoring.
The commonly used surveillance camera is a CCTV. It’s highly popular among commercial customers which you must have seen at different places in your area.
CCTV cameras are high-in-demand systems used for video surveillance. You must have seen CCTV cameras installed at manufacturing facilities, warehouses, airports, business centers, casinos, restaurants, shopping malls, hospitals, banks, schools, and other large-size properties. It is essential to monitor activities across such places therefore the security teams carefully install CCTV cameras at different places.
It is hard to spot these cameras because they are purposefully made less visible to the common public to prevent tampering and detection. In high-end public spaces including airports or schools as well as retail stores, this surveillance system is preferably used. Similarly, you can see security surveillance systems such as closed-circuit ATMs in public spaces and high-end retail stores like airports and shopping arenas.
Call us for video surveillance installation in Russellville, Benton & Little Rock, AR
Advances in security surveillance systems are also high in demand these days. This security system is equipped with the latest technology that detects every motion and distinctively recognizes the objects in motion like vehicles, people, and animals. Whenever any object moves out and into your premises including the garage or backyard these surveillance cameras easily detect their motion.
Moreover, these cameras also detect the exit and entry time of that object within your property and thus promptly alert the operator for occurrences of any crime or suspicious activity like theft, break-in, trespass, or intrusions. The advancement in surveillance technology has brought various incredible monitoring solutions for you.
Today, you can get laser sensors embedded in security surveillance systems for your home or business property. You can easily detect objects not only with their motions but also with the change in temperature through these sensors.
Specialized Surveillance Equipment
Specialized surveillance equipment can help you in establishing a strong security surveillance system for your organization handling animals. The equipment is embedded with specialized detectors that can quickly sense pheromones, which is a chemical produced in the body of an animal that influences the behavior of other animals from similar species.
You can utilize this specialized surveillance system to monitor animals kept in rehabilitation centers, farmyards, or stables. Other specialized surveillance equipment equipped with infrared or magnetic motion sensors therefore can monitor the motion of objects. Smartphones, cameras, tablets, and laptops are connected to the surveillance camera that allows you to monitor any motion across your property.
Every surveillance system has a distinct tolerance for extreme weather, capabilities, and cost. You need to choose one that suits your needs. We are providing security surveillance equipment made with waterproof material. These are robust enough to work seamlessly even under extreme weather conditions without being affected by dirt, water, dust, and other environmental things that may damage your security system.
If your business or house needs monitoring even during night hours you need to get a surveillance system equipped with night vision proficiencies. Such surveillance systems will allow operators to observe activities around your property even in low-light or night conditions. Furthermore, you can opt for heat sensors in your surveillance system that can detect heat discharging from any hot object or person. So nothing remained undetected within your premises.
Security Camera Recording Systems
A security camera recording system is also important for monitoring and recording suspicious activities around your property. Since security cameras are commonly used in many industries to protect businesses from vandalism, theft, break-in, and other potential criminal activities. From small-scale enterprises to large-scale companies security is an unavoidable element we all need to have.
Security cameras mitigate the chances of intrusions and other possible incidents by turning an enterprise less susceptible to unwanted entry or theft. Various options are available in the market for security systems and security cameras. However, you need to spend to get the software, installation, and future upgrades. Because security systems are frequently getting advanced and versatile therefore you may find the cost bit heavier on your pocket.
Contact Kyle Jennings to consult our team of experts to get the best surveillance solution for your home or business.
Security Cameras and Surveillance Cameras Which One Is the Best
Depending on your needs, you can decide which surveillance camera will be perfect for your property. The purpose of designing security cameras is to deter crime whereas the foundational purpose of surveillance cameras is to monitor activities within a property or its premises.
Security cameras are one of the best means for taking effective security measures to safeguard your family or business. It is the best and simplest tool for acquiring the safest environment for your premises. On the other hand Surveillance cameras are also the perfect security system that helps you in monitoring, detect, and capture any activity within and around your premises.
Each security system has some pros and cons which are important to learn before deciding which one will be your best security partner for protecting your property.
Here are some benefits and drawbacks of having a security system containing security cameras and surveillance cameras.
Pros and Cons of Security Cameras
- Observe Activities and Scenarios – You can place security cameras anywhere inside or outside your house or business property as long as you have a power source nearby it. You can install these cameras on behalf of your needs using either mountable or hidden cameras so you can easily monitor the activities of visitors within and outside your home or office. Security cameras are an excellent means to detect dubious visitors and to keep tracking their activities.
- Collect and Assemble Profound Evidence – You need to strategically install these security cameras in your space so you can perfectly monitor people’s actions and their words. With technological development, modern security cameras are now equipped with the ability to record and document every event with high-quality audio and video recording. Thus it helps you in collecting profound evidence for any suspicious activity.
- Hinder Crime – The highly significant perk of security cameras is to hinder crime. No one dares to do any illegal activity after sighting security cameras placed discretely across your workplace or home. The sight of security cameras discourages people from theft or other criminal activity. Therefore the chances for intrusion or theft are significantly low at places where security cameras are installed and visible to visitors.
- Privacy Compromise – Privacy has remained the major concern for installing security cameras within your house or home. Especially if you share your space with tenants or want to get it in your office building or changing rooms in shopping centers you may encounter resistance from people. Because people cite security cameras as an invasion of their privacy considering it as a gesture of mistrust from their employer for them.
- Costs – The installation and maintenance cost of these security cameras is also very high. However, the cost you need to pay for getting a perfect security system depends on the monitoring systems, features, and the number of cameras you will install.
- Vulnerability – Technological advancements have opened new ways for criminals and intruders these days. If the intruder who tries to theft your property is tech-savvy he/she can easily recognize whether the security cameras are real or dummy. Also, they can easily disconnect or disable your security system by removing your cameras from the power source.
Pros and Cons of Surveillance Cameras
- Reduce Crime Rates in Public Areas – Criminals are less prone to commit any illegal activity like theft or intrusion when they see surveillance cameras because these can record their activities during the theft. Moreover, these surveillance cameras can install at a place responding to any suspicion of the occurrence of a crime at that place as a precautionary attempt.
- Convenient Monitoring from Anywhere – These cameras are truly effective because it allows you to monitor your place from anywhere. You can easily access the feed of surveillance cameras through the internet using your smartphone, laptop, or tablet.
- Improve Public Safety – By installing these surveillance cameras in public places including parking lots, crossroads, hospitals, schools, malls, and many others you can get an excellent surveillance solution that will help you in preventing and deterring various criminal activities.
- Easy Abuse of Surveillance Systems – Surveillance cameras installed in public spots can easily misuse and abused by people.
- Costly to Install – Cost is another noteworthy drawback of having surveillance cameras in your house or business property. It often requires you to purchase the system accessories that add further cost. Also, you need to repair this system which can be more expensive.
- Complex to Use – These cameras are complex in use so if you are not tech-savvy then handling or operating this security system can put you difficulty to use even the superior-quality cameras recently available in the market.
Call A Security System
Installation Expert In Your Area
Kyle Jennings Company is providing the finest Video Surveillance Systems that will help you in keeping an eye on your property. So you can easily stay aware of what is happening outside and inside your house or office space. It is our paramount duty to safeguard your valuable assets such as our families, business, and belongings.
You can increase the overall security of your space by overseeing the multiple areas covered by installing these systems in your building or house. Our video surveillance and security cameras are embedded with the latest technology which has made our security systems unbeatable in the market. Moreover, our widely used motion detectors and Interlogix burglar alarms develop a strong security system that will meet your needs. However, you can also go for customizing your security systems using our video surveillance and video camera services which are already facilitating our widespread commercial and residential customers.
Reach out to us and get a security assessment for your building by our security professionals and get thorough visibility for vulnerable parts within or outside your property.
Call us for video surveillance installation in Russellville, Benton & Little Rock, AR.